I love the idea of doing Resurrection Eggs, but with the 12 eggs I thought it might be too complex for a preschooler. However, I saw this version and I am excited to try them during this season of Lent. With just 6 eggs, a simple story-telling sentence for each, and simple items to go inside, these Resurrection Eggs for Toddlers will help them understand the wonder that Jesus is alive!
- In the first egg, place a bread crumb. - Jesus ate dinner with his friends. Luke 22:14-15
- In the second egg, place a cross (you can use a sticker). - The next day Jesus died on the cross. John 19:17-18
- In the third egg, place a strip of cloth (you can use a piece of tissue). - He was wrapped in cloth and placed in a tomb. John 19:40
- For the fourth egg, go outside and pick out the coolest rock you can find. - A stone was placed in front of the tomb. Matthew 27:59-60
- Leave the fifth egg empty. - Jesus’ friends came to the tomb and saw that the stone had been moved. The tomb was empty! Luke 24:1-3
- Fill the sixth and final egg with a sweet treat. - Jesus is alive! That’s the sweet surprise of Easter. Matthew 28:5-6
Chandy Kelly, Faith and Family Coordinator